At Appleton Estates (UK) LTD we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About Appleton Estates (UK) LTD
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD whose registered number is 08293061 and registered office is 96 Park Lane, Croydon, CR01JB. Appleton Estates (UK) LTD will be the data controller of your personal data. You can contact us by post at this address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0208 133 6431.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example when you:
● Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
● Ask us to produce mortgage comparison quotes
● Ask for a cost of moving summary including conveyancing quotes
● Ask us to survey your property or a property you may purchase
● Ask us to value your property
● Book to view a property
● Complete online forms
● Contact us through online portals such as “Rightmove”
● Register for our email newsletters
● Participate in one of our surveys
● Interact with us on our social media sites
We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us. To conform with our statutory obligations, we may also be required to hold copies of your passport, a valid photographic ID, national insurance numbers and proof of address.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD acting as a data controller, will retain your Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email addresses, ID documents (for example a copy of your passport) and notes relating to your dealings with the company for a minimum period of 6 years following legal completion and for a maximum period of 7 years following legal completion if you either bought or sold a property through us. We are required to hold your data to meet our statutory obligations under the Estate Agents Act 1979. We will retain your Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email addresses, ID documents and notes relating to your dealings with the company for a period of 1 year from the date you provided your details, or from your last contact with us, if you do not proceed to legal completion of a property marketed by the company.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD acting as a data controller, will retain your Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email addresses, ID documents, (for example a copy of your passport), Bank Details and notes relating to your dealings with the company for a minimum period of 6 years following the conclusion of your tenancy or after any monies are transferred to you and for a maximum period of 7 years following the conclusion of your tenancy if you either rented or let a property through us. We are required to hold your data to meet our statutory obligations under the Estate Agents Act 1979 and HMRC requirements.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD acting as a data controller, will retain your Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email addresses, ID documents (for example a copy of your passport), proof of address, income documents, bank statements, proof of deposit, mortgage quotations, mortgage application, mortgage protection quotations, mortgage key facts illustration documents, mortgage offer, Fact Find and all signed terms of business for an indefinite period.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD acting as a data controller, will retain your Name, Address, Telephone Numbers and Email addresses as provided by you and the lending institutions in order to carry out valuations and surveys. In addition, all signed completed documentation and terms of engagement will be retained.
In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which we will retain your personal information. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
The period of retention of you Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email addresses, ID documents and notes relating to your dealings with the company will be determined based on our legitimate interest to
• Fulfil your request to send you relevant property details
• Market our products and services relating to your initial request
• Ensure the safety of our Employees and to allow us to investigate future claims of malpractice.
• Improve the efficiency of reregistration of details if a property purchase you intended to make elsewhere fails to reach legal completion.
• Allow us to provide follow up advice and details of changes to property market conditions that would directly impact you and your property.
• To send relevant marketing information on products and services based on your original or subsequent contact with the Appleton Estates (UK) LTD
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
● We may use your name, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and Appleton Estates (UK) LTD such as providing you with products and services you have requested such as visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of Appleton Estates (UK) LTD business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
● We may use your name, email address, telephone number and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services.
● Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
● Where you are a party to an existing contract with us or regularly enter into contracts with us for our goods and services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about properties for rent or for sale, the current property market, promotions or offers. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
● We may use your Name, address, photographic identification documents and date of birth to verify your identity where you enter into a service or contract with us. Our legal basis for this use is compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject and our legitimate interests, namely ensuring the security of our systems, network and information and those of third parties and complying with statutory obligations.
● We will hold and process your personal data for contractual and/or legitimate reasons. Therefore, your personal data will be shared with third parties to include but not limited to the landlord, contractors to conduct repairs, property management software systems, deposit protection schemes and utility companies to ensure the efficient management of the property and tenancy. We will also hold and process your personal data for any lawful reason required such as a law enforcement or a HMRC request. We will not share your personal data with any other third party not connected to the management of the property or tenancy without your explicit consent.
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
●Administer our site and for troubleshooting, testing, research and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring the use of our software and IT systems, improving our website.
●Measure or understand the effectiveness of our own advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely improving the relevancy of our advertising.
●Measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing emails. Marketing open rates, marketing sharing and revisiting are monitored by our Client Record Management system. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
Appleton Estates use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. No data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information) is tracked, collected or uploaded. Appleton Estates (UK) LTD may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
We may analyse the personal information we collect directly from you and obtain using automated technical means to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us). We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. These sources include House Price data available from public sources such as The Land Registry, Property Portals including but not exclusively Rightmove or Zoopla.
We may also use any of your personal information that we collect from you directly and additional information about you from external sources where necessary to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk. These sources include a register of politically exposed individuals. Our legal basis for this use of your personal information is our legitimate interests in preventing our business being subject to fraud or credit risk.
Who has access to information?
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, including but not limited to:
● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you.
Liner Financial Solutions
ZPG Property Services
Other wholly owned subsidiaries of the Appleton Estates (UK) LTD
Contractors required to provide quotes and estimates as requested by you who will change from time to time
● Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
These are Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram,
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and /or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
● To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
● To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
● In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
● To rectification of the information we hold about you.
● In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
● Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
● To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
● Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at email@example.com or write to us at Appleton Estates, 96 Park Lane, Croydon, CR01JB. In addition, you can exercise your right to object to direct marketing at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality, so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. The Appleton Estates (UK) LTD website and applications may collect anonymous data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. No data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information) is tracked, collected or uploaded. Appleton Estates (UK) LTD may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Transferring your information outside of European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services. We would not typically transfer your data outside of the EEA without your specific request to do so.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 24/05/2018
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
Appleton Estates (UK) LTD Registration Number: 08293061